Jump to Main Content
- Zhang, Lei; Fang, Guoshan; Zheng, Longhui; Chen, Zongdao; Liu, Xiong
- Journal of agricultural and food chemistry 2013 v.61 no.18 pp. 4287-4293
- rats, etc ; bile; bile acids; binding proteins; cholesteremic effect; cholesterol; cholesterol 7alpha-monooxygenase; diet; feces; gene expression regulation; ileum; liver; messenger RNA; Show all 13 Subjects
- ... The potential mechanism of the hypocholesterolemic effect of capsaicinoids in rats fed with cholesterol-enriched and cholesterol-free diets was determined. Capsaicinoids favorably modified the lipoprotein profile of rats. Capsaicinoids consumption down-regulated the mRNA levels of hepatic 3-hydroxyl-3-methylglutaryl CoA (HMG-CoA) reductase by 0.55-fold and hepatic cholesterol-7α-hydroxylase (CYP7A ...
- Leontowicz, Maria; Jesion, Iwona; Leontowicz, Hanna; Park, Yong-Seo; Namiesnik, Jacek; Rombolà, Adamo
Domenico; Weisz, Moshe; Gorinstein, Shela
- Journal of agricultural and food chemistry 2013 v.61 no.15 pp. 3661-3668
- rats, etc ; Actinidia deliciosa; alanine transaminase; antioxidant activity; ascorbic acid; aspartate transaminase; blood; cardiovascular diseases; cholesterol; crops; diet; ethylene; feed intake; fruits; glucose; in vivo studies; ingredients; kiwifruit; liver; organic production; palatability; patients; polyphenols; ripening; Show all 24 Subjects
- ... Kiwifruit is a subtropical fruit that is very popular among consumers. Kiwifruit ‘Hayward’ (Actinidia deliciosa C.F. Liang et A.R. Ferguson) is an important source of bioactive compounds and possesses high antioxidant capacity, but its value can be changed during ripening. The aim of this study was to compare the levels of total polyphenols (TP), ascorbic acid (AA), and total antioxidant capacitie ...