Jump to Main Content
- Gallier, Sophie; Gragson, Derek; Cabral, Charles; Jimenez-Flores, Rafael; Everett, David W.
- Journal of agricultural and food chemistry 2010 v.58 no.19 pp. 10503–10511
- buttermilk, etc ; milk production; milk composition; fatty acid composition; phospholipids; extraction; food processing; processed foods; raw milk; cream; homogenized milk; pasteurized milk; dried milk; solid phase extraction; homogenization; spray drying; centrifugation; churning; phosphatidylcholines; sphingomyelins; Show all 20 Subjects
- ... The aim of this work was to assess the accuracy of different extraction methods of phospholipids and to measure the effect that processing has on phospholipid composition. Four methods of extracting phospholipids from buttermilk powder were compared to optimize recovery of sphingomyelin. Using the optimal method, the phospholipid profile of four dairy products (raw milk, raw cream, homogenized and ...
- PubMed Central:
- Gallier, Sophie; Gragson, Derek; Jimenez-Flores, Rafael; Everett, David
- Journal of agricultural and food chemistry 2010 v.58 no.7 pp. 4250–4257
- buttermilk, etc ; confocal scanning laser microscopy; milk fat; fat globules; surfaces; milk proteins; microstructure; pretreatment; pasteurization; centrifugation; homogenization; churning; phospholipids; lipid content; raw milk; cream; dried milk; casein; adsorption; food processing; food processing quality; chemical interactions; spray drying; Show all 23 Subjects
- ... The bovine milk fat globule membrane (MFGM) is an important, biologically relevant membrane due to its functional and health properties. Its composition has been thoroughly studied, but its structure, especially the lateral organization of its components, still remains unclear. We have used confocal laser scanning microscopy (CLSM) to investigate the surface structure of the MFGM in globules with ...
- PubMed Central: