Jump to Main Content
- Cyran, M.R.; Saulnier, L.
- Journal of agricultural and food chemistry 2007 v.55 no.6 pp. 2329-2341
- rye, etc ; alkali treatment; extraction; cell walls; cell wall components; hemicellulose; carbohydrate structure; polysaccharides; carbohydrate composition; arabinoxylan; breadmaking quality; Show all 11 Subjects
- ... Looking for potential quality indicators, which could be used in early selection of breeding materials, the structural features of cell wall arabinoxylans (AX) from outer layers of the grain (pooled shorts and bran fractions) were studied in two ryes with diverse breadmaking quality. The successive alkaline extraction of water-unextractable material with saturated Ba(OH)2, followed by water and 1 ...
- Verwimp, T.; Craeyveld, V. van; Courtin, C.M.; Delcour, J.A.
- Journal of agricultural and food chemistry 2007 v.55 no.5 pp. 1985-1992
- rye flour, etc ; arabinoxylan; extraction; alkali treatment; ethanol; chemical precipitation; fractionation; carbohydrate composition; carbohydrate structure; enzyme activity; endo-1,4-beta-xylanase; Show all 11 Subjects
- ... The variability in rye flour alkali-extractable arabinoxylan (AE-AX) structures was examined by extensive fractionation and enzymic degradation studies. AX were isolated from destarched rye water-unextractables by sequential extraction with saturated barium hydroxide solution, water, 1.0 M sodium hydroxide, and water. The isolated AE-AX contained ca. 51% AX with an arabinose to xylose (A/X) ratio ...