Jump to Main Content
- Yang, S.S.; Cheng, K.T.; Lin, Y.S.; Liu, Y.W.; Hou, W.C.
- Journal of agricultural and food chemistry 2004 v.52 no.13 pp. 4270-4273
- DNA damage; humans; pectins; free radicals; assays; lipid peroxidation; esterification; low density lipoprotein; free radical scavengers; hydroxamic acids; antioxidant activity
- ... Commercial pectins with different degrees of esterification (DE) were reacted with equal volumes of 2 M alkaline hydroxylamine (pH 12.0) at room temperature for 4 h to prepare pectin hydroxamic acids (PHAs; DE94T4, DE65T4, and DE25T4) according to a previously reported method (Hou et al., J. Agric. Food Chem. 2003, 51, 6362-6366) and were used to test the antioxidant and antiradical activities in ...
- Yen, G.C.; Yeh, C.T.; Chen, Y.J.
- Journal of agricultural and food chemistry 2004 v.52 no.13 pp. 4121-4127
- hepatotoxicity; caffeic acid; oxidative stress; glutathione-disulfide reductase; hepatotoxins; Lamiaceae; lipid peroxidation; medicinal plants; plant extracts; enzyme activity; glutathione peroxidase; rats; antioxidant activity; oral administration; antioxidants; herbal medicines; hepatoprotective effect
- ... The protective effect of Hsian-tsao (Mesona procumbens Hemsl.) and its active compounds on liver damage was evaluated using the model of tert-butyl hydroperoxide (t-BHP)-induced acute hepatic damage in rats. Male Sprague-Dawley rats (200 ± 10 g) were orally pretreated with a water extract of Hsian-tsao (WEHT) (0.1, 0.5, and 1.0 g/kg) or caffeic acid (0.1 g/kg of body weight) for 13 days before a s ...