Jump to Main Content
- Hwang, J.Y.; Hwang, I.K.; Park, J.B.
- Journal of agricultural and food chemistry 2001 v.49 no.12 pp. 6045-6049
- chemical composition; Castanea crenata; sugars; proanthocyanidins; peeling; varieties; tannins; firmness; color; chestnuts; shelling; hulls
- ... Analyses were carried out for condensed tannin content, soluble sugar content, color, firmness, and peeling ratio of the pellicle of 14 varieties of Korean chestnut. The correlation between these physicochemical components and the peeling ratio was measured. The total soluble sugar content ranged from 4.20 to 11.83%. Condensed tannin contents in the inner and outer chestnut shells were 7.83-71.42% ...
- Choung, M.G.; Baek, I.Y.; Kang, S.T.; Han, W.Y.; Shin, D.C.; Moon, H.P.; Kang, K.H.
- Journal of agricultural and food chemistry 2001 v.49 no.12 pp. 5848-5851
- soybeans; color; anthocyanins; glucosides; chemical composition; chemical structure; varieties; testa
- ... Anthocyanin pigments in seed coats of black soybean (Glycine max (L.) Merr.) were extracted with 1% HCl-CH3OH, and the crude anthocyanin extract was purified by Sephadex LH-20 and Lichroprep RP-18 open-column chromatography. Three major anthocyanins were isolated, and their chemical structures were identified by spectroscopic methods (UV-visible, FABMS, 1H and 13C NMR, and by TLC). The complete st ...