Jump to Main Content
- Hwang, J.Y.; Hwang, I.K.; Park, J.B.
- Journal of agricultural and food chemistry 2001 v.49 no.12 pp. 6045-6049
- chemical composition; Castanea crenata; sugars; proanthocyanidins; peeling; varieties; tannins; firmness; color; chestnuts; shelling; hulls
- ... Analyses were carried out for condensed tannin content, soluble sugar content, color, firmness, and peeling ratio of the pellicle of 14 varieties of Korean chestnut. The correlation between these physicochemical components and the peeling ratio was measured. The total soluble sugar content ranged from 4.20 to 11.83%. Condensed tannin contents in the inner and outer chestnut shells were 7.83-71.42% ...
- Takahata, Y.; Ohnishi-Kameyama, M.; Takahashi, M.; Suda, I.
- Journal of agricultural and food chemistry 2001 v.49 no.12 pp. 5843-5847
- testa; proanthocyanidins; free radicals; polymerization; soybeans; varieties; color; polymers; anthocyanidins
- ... 1,1-diphenyl-2-picrylhydrazyl (DPPH) radical-scavenging activity of the 70% aqueous acetone extract from the seed coat of the brown soybean variety, Akita-Zairai, was investigated. The activity of the seed coat of Akita-Zairai was much higher than that of three other reddish-brown varieties, but lower than that of two black varieties, and was closely dependent on the content of phenolic compounds. ...