Jump to Main Content
- Tellez, M.R.; Schrader, K.K.; Kobaisy, M.
- Journal of agricultural and food chemistry 2001 v.49 no.12 pp. 5989-5992
- Oscillatoria; volatile compounds; odors; flavor compounds; chemical composition; cultured cells; off flavors
- ... Volatile compounds were identified from unialgal continuous cultures of the cyanobacterium Oscillatoria perornata. Steam distillates of the unialgal cultures were continuously extracted with pentane, and the pentane extracts were analyzed by GC-MS. Retention indices and mass spectral data were used to identify 15 components. Relative amounts of individual components were expressed as percent peak ...
- Pino, J.A.; Marbot, R.
- Journal of agricultural and food chemistry 2001 v.49 no.12 pp. 5880-5882
- Malpighia; volatile compounds; flavor compounds; esters
- ... Volatile components were isolated from acerola fruit by simultaneous steam distillation-solvent extraction according to the Likens-Nickerson method and analyzed by GC and GC-MS methods. One hundred fifty constituents were identified in the aroma concentrate, from which furfural, hexadecanoic acid, 3-methyl-3-butenol, and limonene were found to be the major constituents. The amounts of esters, 3-me ...