Jump to Main Content
- Takahata, Y.; Ohnishi-Kameyama, M.; Takahashi, M.; Suda, I.
- Journal of agricultural and food chemistry 2001 v.49 no.12 pp. 5843-5847
- testa; proanthocyanidins; free radicals; polymerization; soybeans; varieties; color; polymers; anthocyanidins
- ... 1,1-diphenyl-2-picrylhydrazyl (DPPH) radical-scavenging activity of the 70% aqueous acetone extract from the seed coat of the brown soybean variety, Akita-Zairai, was investigated. The activity of the seed coat of Akita-Zairai was much higher than that of three other reddish-brown varieties, but lower than that of two black varieties, and was closely dependent on the content of phenolic compounds. ...
- Choung, M.G.; Baek, I.Y.; Kang, S.T.; Han, W.Y.; Shin, D.C.; Moon, H.P.; Kang, K.H.
- Journal of agricultural and food chemistry 2001 v.49 no.12 pp. 5848-5851
- soybeans; color; anthocyanins; glucosides; chemical composition; chemical structure; varieties; testa
- ... Anthocyanin pigments in seed coats of black soybean (Glycine max (L.) Merr.) were extracted with 1% HCl-CH3OH, and the crude anthocyanin extract was purified by Sephadex LH-20 and Lichroprep RP-18 open-column chromatography. Three major anthocyanins were isolated, and their chemical structures were identified by spectroscopic methods (UV-visible, FABMS, 1H and 13C NMR, and by TLC). The complete st ...