Jump to Main Content
- Boschin, G., et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Journal of agricultural and food chemistry 1999 v.47 no.3 pp. 939-944
- amino acids; synthesis; isomers; nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy; spectral analysis; diastereomers
- ... Lysinoalanine (LAL) and ornithinoalanine (OAL) are unnatural amino acids that can be formed in food submitted to thermal treatment, especially in alkaline conditions. The paper presents an optimization of the synthetic procedure for the preparation of a standard of OAL that could be very useful to study the toxicological and nutritional consequences of the presence of OAL in food. In the meantime, ...
- Boschin, G., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Journal of agricultural and food chemistry 1999 v.47 no.12 pp. 4962-4969
- Maillard reaction; Maillard reaction products; heterocyclic oxygen compounds; furans; aldehydes; ketones; chemical reactions; xylose; lysine; glycine (amino acid)
- ... The reaction between 2-furancarboxaldehyde and 4-hydroxy-5-methyl-3(2H)-furanone was reinvestigated as a part of a systematic study on low molecular weight colored compounds from the Maillard reaction. In acetic acid/piperidine, besides 2-(2-furanylmethylene) -4-hydroxy-5-methyl-3(2H)-furanone (1) and 5-[2-(2-furanyl)ethenyl]-2-(2-furanylmethylene) -4-hydroxy-5-methyl-3(2H)-furanone (2), four nove ...