Jump to Main Content
- Lin, Hsien-Chun; Lin, Mei-Hsiang; Liao, Jiahn-Haur; Wu, Tzu-Hua; Lee, Tzong-Huei; Mi, Fwu-Long; Wu, Chi-Hao; Chen, Ku-Chung; Cheng, Chia-Hsiung; Lin, Cheng-Wei
- Journal of agricultural and food chemistry 2017 v.65 no.1 pp. 51-59
- Taiwanofungus camphoratus; bioactive compounds; bioactive properties; colorectal neoplasms; gene expression regulation; genes; molecular models; mushrooms; neoplasm cells; phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase; ubiquinones
- ... Antroquinonol (ANQ) is a ubiquinone derivative from the unique mushroom Antrodia camphorata, which exhibits broad-spectrum bioactivities. The effects of ANQ on cancer stem cell-like properties in colon cancer, however, remain unclear. In this study, we found that ANQ inhibited growth of colon cancer cells. The 50% growth inhibitions (GI₅₀) of ANQ on HCT15 and LoVo were 34.8 ± 0.07 and 17.9 ± 0.07 ...
- Gupta, Rinkesh Kumar; Gupta, Kriti; Sharma, Akanksha; Das, Mukul; Ansari, Irfan Ahmad; Dwivedi, Premendra D.
- Journal of agricultural and food chemistry 2017 v.65 no.1 pp. 6-22
- Cicer arietinum; allergens; bioactive compounds; carotenoids; chickpeas; dietary fiber; health promotion; human diseases; human nutrition; hypersensitivity; isoflavones; lectins; nutrient content; nutrients; oligosaccharides; phenolic compounds; phytic acid; proteinase inhibitors; researchers; resistant starch; risk; saponins; sterols; toxicity; unsaturated fatty acids; Mediterranean region
- ... Chickpeas (CPs) are one of the most commonly consumed legumes, especially in the Mediterranean area as well as in the Western world. Being one of the most nutritional elements of the human diet, CP toxicity and allergy have raised health concerns. CPs may contain various antinutritional compounds, including protease inhibitors, phytic acid, lectins, oligosaccharides, and some phenolic compounds th ...