Jump to Main Content
- Lin, Hsien-Chun; Lin, Mei-Hsiang; Liao, Jiahn-Haur; Wu, Tzu-Hua; Lee, Tzong-Huei; Mi, Fwu-Long; Wu, Chi-Hao; Chen, Ku-Chung; Cheng, Chia-Hsiung; Lin, Cheng-Wei
- Journal of agricultural and food chemistry 2017 v.65 no.1 pp. 51-59
- Taiwanofungus camphoratus; bioactive compounds; bioactive properties; colorectal neoplasms; gene expression regulation; genes; molecular models; mushrooms; neoplasm cells; phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase; ubiquinones
- ... Antroquinonol (ANQ) is a ubiquinone derivative from the unique mushroom Antrodia camphorata, which exhibits broad-spectrum bioactivities. The effects of ANQ on cancer stem cell-like properties in colon cancer, however, remain unclear. In this study, we found that ANQ inhibited growth of colon cancer cells. The 50% growth inhibitions (GI₅₀) of ANQ on HCT15 and LoVo were 34.8 ± 0.07 and 17.9 ± 0.07 ...
- Del Pino-García, Raquel; Rivero-Pérez, María D.; González-SanJosé, María L.; Ortega-Heras, Miriam; García Lomillo, Javier; Muñiz, Pilar
- Journal of agricultural and food chemistry 2017 v.65 no.1 pp. 66-73
- DNA damage; bioavailability; cell viability; chemoprevention; colon; colorectal neoplasms; dietary fiber; digestion; flavorings; inhibitory concentration 50; intestinal microorganisms; phenolic acids; polyphenols; pomace; red wines; seeds; short chain fatty acids; small intestine
- ... This study evaluates the antiproliferative and antigenotoxic actions of powdered red wine pomace seasonings (Sk-S, seedless; W–S, whole; Sd-S, seeds). In vitro gastrointestinal digested and colonic fermented fractions of the seasonings were used as cell treatments. Phenolic acids from Sk-S showed the highest bioaccessibility in the small intestine, whereas polyphenols contained in Sd-S might be th ...