Jump to Main Content
- Wang, Ziyu; Pang, Wei; He, Congcong; Li, Yibo; Jiang, Yugang; Guo, Changjiang
- Journal of agricultural and food chemistry 2017 v.65 no.1 pp. 87-94
- angiotensin II; apoptosis; biomarkers; blueberries; electrocardiography; endothelins; heart; heart rate; histopathology; inflammation; interleukin-10; interleukin-6; malondialdehyde; oxidative stress; particulates; protein synthesis; rats; superoxide dismutase
- ... Blueberry anthocyanin-enriched extracts (BAE) at three doses (0.5, 1.0, and 2.0 g/kg) were administered by oral gavage to rats exposed to 10 mg/kg fine particulate matter (PM₂.₅) three times a week. A positive control group was exposed to PM₂.₅ without BAE treatment. We analyzed heart rate (HR), electrocardiogram (ECG), and histopathology, and biomarkers of cardiovascular system injuries, systemic ...
- Murata, Motoki; Nonaka, Haruna; Komatsu, Satomi; Goto, Megumi; Morozumi, Mai; Yamada, Shuhei; Lin, I-Chian; Yamashita, Shuya; Tachibana, Hirofumi
- Journal of agricultural and food chemistry 2017 v.65 no.1 pp. 45-50
- delphinidin; inflammation; models; muscles; muscular atrophy; neoplasms; oral administration; protective effect; weight loss
- ... Delphinidin, one of the major anthocyanidins, shows protective effects against a variety of pathologies, including cancer, inflammation, and muscle atrophy. The purpose of this study was to determine the preventive mechanism of delphinidin on disuse muscle atrophy. In vitro and in vivo models were used to validate the effects of delphinidin on the expression of MuRF1, miR-23a, and NFATc3. Delphini ...