Jump to Main Content
- Li, Xiaodan; Yu, Xiaoyan; Sun, Dewei; Li, Jinwei; Wang, Yong; Cao, Peirang; Liu, Yuanfa
- Journal of agricultural and food chemistry 2017 v.65 no.1 pp. 208-215
- Elaeis guineensis; adipose tissue; animal health; beta oxidation; biosafety; blood serum; deep fat frying; enzyme activity; fried foods; frying oil; genes; glucose; glucose tolerance; glucose tolerance tests; high fat diet; lipid composition; lipid peroxidation; lipids; liver; mice; mitochondria; peroxisomes; polar compounds
- ... In the present study, effects of deep-fried palm oil, specifically polar compounds generated during the frying process, on animal health including lipid and glucose metabolism and liver functions were investigated. Kunming mice were fed a high-fat diet containing deep-fried palm oil or purified polar compounds for 12 weeks. Their effects on animal health including hepatic lipid profile, antioxidan ...
- Kutzner, Laura; Ostermann, Annika I.; Konrad, Thade; Riegel, Dieter; Hellhake, Stefan; Schuchardt, Jan Philipp; Schebb, Nils Helge
- Journal of agricultural and food chemistry 2017 v.65 no.1 pp. 139-147
- algae; algal oils; dietary supplements; docosahexaenoic acid; eicosapentaenoic acid; fish; fish oils; free fatty acids; gas chromatography; krill; lipid composition; markets; omega-3 fatty acids; phospholipids; plant fats and oils; quantitative analysis; solid phase extraction; triacylglycerols; United States
- ... Supplementation products containing n-3 PUFA from marine sources serve a large market. Although the amount of eicosapentaenoic acid and docosahexaenoic acid in the products is provided by the manufacturer, no or little information is available on their lipid pattern. Therefore, we quantitatively analyzed the fatty acid pattern in the lipid fractions triglycerides, phospholipids, ethyl esters, and ...