Jump to Main Content
- Li, Xiaodan; Yu, Xiaoyan; Sun, Dewei; Li, Jinwei; Wang, Yong; Cao, Peirang; Liu, Yuanfa
- Journal of agricultural and food chemistry 2017 v.65 no.1 pp. 208-215
- Elaeis guineensis; adipose tissue; animal health; beta oxidation; biosafety; blood serum; deep fat frying; enzyme activity; fried foods; frying oil; genes; glucose; glucose tolerance; glucose tolerance tests; high fat diet; lipid composition; lipid peroxidation; lipids; liver; mice; mitochondria; peroxisomes; polar compounds
- ... In the present study, effects of deep-fried palm oil, specifically polar compounds generated during the frying process, on animal health including lipid and glucose metabolism and liver functions were investigated. Kunming mice were fed a high-fat diet containing deep-fried palm oil or purified polar compounds for 12 weeks. Their effects on animal health including hepatic lipid profile, antioxidan ...
- Meng, Yingying; Zhang, Jing; Zhang, Fenglin; Ai, Wei; Zhu, Xiaotong; Shu, Gang; Wang, Lina; Gao, Ping; Xi, Qianyun; Zhang, Yongliang; Liang, Xingwei; Jiang, Qingyan; Wang, Songbo
- Journal of agricultural and food chemistry 2017 v.65 no.1 pp. 95-103
- G-protein coupled receptors; cyclins; dietary fat; dodecanoic acid; epithelial cells; mammary development; mammary glands; mice; proliferating cell nuclear antigen; signal transduction
- ... It has been demonstrated that dietary fat affects pubertal mammary gland development. However, the role of lauric acid (LA) in this process remains unclear. Thus, this study aimed to investigate the effects of LA on mammary gland development in pubertal mice and to explore the underlying mechanism. In vitro, 100 μM LA significantly promoted proliferation of mouse mammary epithelial cell line HC11 ...