Jump to Main Content
- Wang, Xuechuan; Guo, Xiaoxiao; Wang, Haijun; Guo, Peiying
- Journal of agricultural and food chemistry 2017 v.65 no.1 pp. 104-116
- collagen; esterification; esters; hydrophilicity; hydrophobicity; leather; mechanical properties; micelles; particle size; phosphates; polymers; surfactants
- ... The surfactants of the linear-hyperbranched phosphate esters (PAMAMGₙ-3-Ps) have been constructed through random multibranching esterification of lauroyl chloride and phosphate ester as a branching agent. Subsequently, a series of surfactant products were obtained. Benefiting from the amphiphilic structure with the hydrophilic core and many hydrophobic tails, PAMAMGₙ-3-Ps were able to self-assembl ...
- Zhao, Liang; Wu, Haohao; Zeng, Mingyong; Huang, Hai
- Journal of agricultural and food chemistry 2017 v.65 no.1 pp. 174-181
- Engraulis japonicus; anchovies; biomass; coatings; digestion; gastrointestinal system; glycogen; iron absorption; light scattering; meat; micelles; nanoparticles; peptides; phospholipids; transmission electron microscopy
- ... A ferric oxyhydroxide nanoparticle (FeONP)-mediated mechanism has been suggested recently for anchovy (Engraulis japonicus) meat (AM) enhancement of non-heme iron absorption. The current paper fractionates AM biomass into protein (70.67%), lipid (20.98%), and carbohydrate (i.e., glycogen and mucopolysaccharide, 1.07%) and evaluates their capacities in templating the formation of FeONPs under simul ...