Jump to Main Content
- Moreno-Perez, Sonia; Turati, Daniela Flavia Machado; Borges, Janaina Pires; Luna, Pilar; Señorans, Francisco Javier; Guisan, Jose M.; Fernandez-Lorente, Gloria
- Journal of agricultural and food chemistry 2017 v.65 no.1 pp. 117-122
- Thermomyces lanuginosus; biocatalysts; carboxylic ester hydrolases; esters; ethanolysis; hydrophobicity; immobilized enzymes; lipolysis; omega-3 fatty acids; sardine oil
- ... Different immobilized derivatives of two lipases were tested as catalysts of the synthesis of ethyl esters of omega-3 fatty acids during the ethanolysis of sardine oil in solvent-free systems at 25 °C. Lipases from Thermomyces lanuginosus (TLL) and Lecitase Ultra (a phospholipase with lipolytic activity) were studied. Lipases were adsorbed on hydrophobic Sepabeads C18 through the open active cente ...
- Kutzner, Laura; Ostermann, Annika I.; Konrad, Thade; Riegel, Dieter; Hellhake, Stefan; Schuchardt, Jan Philipp; Schebb, Nils Helge
- Journal of agricultural and food chemistry 2017 v.65 no.1 pp. 139-147
- algae; algal oils; dietary supplements; docosahexaenoic acid; eicosapentaenoic acid; fish; fish oils; free fatty acids; gas chromatography; krill; lipid composition; markets; omega-3 fatty acids; phospholipids; plant fats and oils; quantitative analysis; solid phase extraction; triacylglycerols; United States
- ... Supplementation products containing n-3 PUFA from marine sources serve a large market. Although the amount of eicosapentaenoic acid and docosahexaenoic acid in the products is provided by the manufacturer, no or little information is available on their lipid pattern. Therefore, we quantitatively analyzed the fatty acid pattern in the lipid fractions triglycerides, phospholipids, ethyl esters, and ...