Jump to Main Content
- Zhao, Liang; Wu, Haohao; Zeng, Mingyong; Huang, Hai
- Journal of agricultural and food chemistry 2017 v.65 no.1 pp. 174-181
- Engraulis japonicus; anchovies; biomass; coatings; digestion; gastrointestinal system; glycogen; iron absorption; light scattering; meat; micelles; nanoparticles; peptides; phospholipids; transmission electron microscopy
- ... A ferric oxyhydroxide nanoparticle (FeONP)-mediated mechanism has been suggested recently for anchovy (Engraulis japonicus) meat (AM) enhancement of non-heme iron absorption. The current paper fractionates AM biomass into protein (70.67%), lipid (20.98%), and carbohydrate (i.e., glycogen and mucopolysaccharide, 1.07%) and evaluates their capacities in templating the formation of FeONPs under simul ...
- Wang, Bei; Heinonen, Marina
- Journal of agricultural and food chemistry 2017 v.65 no.1 pp. 148-155
- electrospray ionization mass spectrometry; free radical scavengers; gel chromatography; glutamine; juices; lactalbumin; lysine; oxidation; peptides; procyanidins; tannins; tryptophan
- ... Protein-tannin interactions on a molecular level were investigated by using a model system containing peptides of α-lactalbumin and berry tannins (procyanidins). Oxidation of isolated tryptic peptide LDQWLCEK (m/z 1034) with procyanidin B2 or procyanidin fraction (PF) isolated from aronia juice was monitored by LC-ESI-MS. Procyanidin B2 and PF showed radical scavenging activities toward oxidation ...