Jump to Main Content
- Kutzner, Laura; Ostermann, Annika I.; Konrad, Thade; Riegel, Dieter; Hellhake, Stefan; Schuchardt, Jan Philipp; Schebb, Nils Helge
- Journal of agricultural and food chemistry 2017 v.65 no.1 pp. 139-147
- algae; algal oils; dietary supplements; docosahexaenoic acid; eicosapentaenoic acid; fish; fish oils; free fatty acids; gas chromatography; krill; lipid composition; markets; omega-3 fatty acids; phospholipids; plant fats and oils; quantitative analysis; solid phase extraction; triacylglycerols; United States
- ... Supplementation products containing n-3 PUFA from marine sources serve a large market. Although the amount of eicosapentaenoic acid and docosahexaenoic acid in the products is provided by the manufacturer, no or little information is available on their lipid pattern. Therefore, we quantitatively analyzed the fatty acid pattern in the lipid fractions triglycerides, phospholipids, ethyl esters, and ...
- Zhao, Liang; Wu, Haohao; Zeng, Mingyong; Huang, Hai
- Journal of agricultural and food chemistry 2017 v.65 no.1 pp. 174-181
- Engraulis japonicus; anchovies; biomass; coatings; digestion; gastrointestinal system; glycogen; iron absorption; light scattering; meat; micelles; nanoparticles; peptides; phospholipids; transmission electron microscopy
- ... A ferric oxyhydroxide nanoparticle (FeONP)-mediated mechanism has been suggested recently for anchovy (Engraulis japonicus) meat (AM) enhancement of non-heme iron absorption. The current paper fractionates AM biomass into protein (70.67%), lipid (20.98%), and carbohydrate (i.e., glycogen and mucopolysaccharide, 1.07%) and evaluates their capacities in templating the formation of FeONPs under simul ...