Jump to Main Content
- Karunathilaka, Sanjeewa R.; Mossoba, Magdi M.; Chung, Jin Kyu; Haile, Ermias A.; Srigley, Cynthia T.
- Journal of agricultural and food chemistry 2017 v.65 no.1 pp. 224-233
- Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy; cost effectiveness; dietary supplements; docosahexaenoic acid; eicosapentaenoic acid; fatty acid composition; gas chromatography; least squares; models; oils; prediction; quality control; quantitative analysis; rapid methods
- ... Using a portable field device, a Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy (FTIR) and partial least-squares regression (PLSR) method was developed for the rapid (<5 min) prediction of major and minor fatty acid (FA) concentrations in marine oil omega-3 dietary supplements. Calibration models were developed with 174 gravimetrically prepared samples. These models were tested using an independent valid ...
- Zou, Nan; Yuan, Chunhao; Chen, Ronghua; Yang, Juan; Li, Yifan; Li, Xuesheng; Pan, Canping
- Journal of agricultural and food chemistry 2017 v.65 no.1 pp. 182-189
- acetamiprid; acetonitrile; amitraz; boscalid; cherry tomatoes; clofentezine; cucumbers; fruit peels; hexazinone; laboratory experimentation; paclobutrazol; pesticide residues; pulp; rapid methods; simazine; sorption; spectroscopy
- ... This research explores the mobility and distribution rules of simazine, acetamiprid, hexazinone, paclobutrazol, amitraz, clofentezine, and boscalid in the pulp and peel of apple, cucumber, and cherry tomato. A laboratory test was carried out by treating the matrices with standard solution for different periods of time. The percentage sorption of pesticides ranged from 0.02 to 89.3% for the three m ...