Jump to Main Content
- Lin, Hsien-Chun; Lin, Mei-Hsiang; Liao, Jiahn-Haur; Wu, Tzu-Hua; Lee, Tzong-Huei; Mi, Fwu-Long; Wu, Chi-Hao; Chen, Ku-Chung; Cheng, Chia-Hsiung; Lin, Cheng-Wei
- Journal of agricultural and food chemistry 2017 v.65 no.1 pp. 51-59
- Taiwanofungus camphoratus; bioactive compounds; bioactive properties; colorectal neoplasms; gene expression regulation; genes; molecular models; mushrooms; neoplasm cells; phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase; ubiquinones
- ... Antroquinonol (ANQ) is a ubiquinone derivative from the unique mushroom Antrodia camphorata, which exhibits broad-spectrum bioactivities. The effects of ANQ on cancer stem cell-like properties in colon cancer, however, remain unclear. In this study, we found that ANQ inhibited growth of colon cancer cells. The 50% growth inhibitions (GI₅₀) of ANQ on HCT15 and LoVo were 34.8 ± 0.07 and 17.9 ± 0.07 ...
- Chou, Kevin Chi-Chung; Yang, Shang-Han; Wu, Hsiang-Lin; Lin, Pei-Yin; Chang, Tsu-Liang; Sheu, Fuu; Chen, Kai-Hsien; Chiang, Been-Huang
- Journal of agricultural and food chemistry 2017 v.65 no.1 pp. 74-86
- Taiwanofungus camphoratus; acetyl coenzyme A; benzoquinones; biosynthesis; culture media; fungi; malonyl coenzyme A; mycelium; oleic acid; ubiquinones
- ... Antroquinonol (AQ) and 4-acetylantroquinonol B (4-AAQB), isolated from the mycelium of Antrodia cinnamomea, have a similar chemical backbone to coenzyme Q (CoQ). Based on the postulation that biosynthesis of both AQ and 4-AAQB in A. cinnamomea starts from the polyketide pathway, we cultivated this fungus in a culture medium containing [U-¹³C]oleic acid, and then we analyzed the crude extracts of t ...