Jump to Main Content
- Esatbeyoglu, Tuba; Juadjur, Andreas; Wray, Victor; Winterhalter, Peter
- Journal of agricultural and food chemistry 2014 v.62 no.29 pp. 7101-7110
- countercurrent chromatography, etc ; Corylus avellana; derivatization; hazelnuts; nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy; proanthocyanidins; procyanidins; Show all 7 Subjects
- ... Dimeric procyanidins B1âB8 were produced via semisynthesis from a polymeric proanthocyanidin fraction of hazelnut skins (Corylus avellana L.). This polymeric fraction was found to consist mostly of (+)-catechin and (â)-epicatechin as upper units. Therefore, according to the choice of nucleophile agent, it is possible to semisynthesize dimeric procyanidins B1, B3, B6, and B7 with (+)-catechin a ...
- Esatbeyoglu, Tuba; Wray, Victor; Winterhalter, Peter
- Journal of agricultural and food chemistry 2013 v.61 no.51 pp. 12640-12645
- countercurrent chromatography, etc ; Corylus avellana; hazelnuts; high performance liquid chromatography; mass spectrometry; nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy; Show all 6 Subjects
- ... Two new A-type dimeric prodelphinidins, EGC-(2β→O7, 4β→8)-C and EGC-(2β→O5, 4β→6)-C, were isolated from the skins of roasted hazelnut (Corylus avellana L.) by low-speed rotary countercurrent chromatography (LSRCCC) and final purification by preparative HPLC. Their structures were determined by a combination of mass spectrometry (HPLC-ESI-MSⁿ and HR-ESI-MS) and NMR spectroscopy that included the ap ...