Jump to Main Content
- Vincenzi, Simone; Bierma, Jan; Wickramasekara, Samanthi I.; Curioni, Andrea; Gazzola, Diana; Bakalinsky, Alan T.
- Journal of agricultural and food chemistry 2014 v.62 no.24 pp. 5660-5668
- grape juice; grapes, etc ; N-acetylglucosamine; Vitis vinifera; cell walls; chitin; chitinase; growth retardation; pH; peptides; proteomics; temperature; wine yeasts; Show all 13 Subjects
- ... A chitinase was purified from Vitis vinifera Manzoni Bianco grape juice and characterized. On the basis of proteomic analysis of tryptic peptides, a significant match identified the enzyme as a type IV grape chitinase previously found in juices of other V. vinifera varieties. The optimal pH and temperature for activity toward colloidal chitin were found to be 6 and 30 Â°C, respectively. The enzyme ...
- PubMed Central:
- Ou, Changrong; Du, Xiaofen; Shellie, Krista; Ross, Carolyn; Qian, Michael C.
- Journal of agricultural and food chemistry 2010 v.58 no.24 pp. 12890
- wine grapes, etc ; volatile compounds; sensory properties; red wines; wine quality; leaves; Vitis vinifera; deficit irrigation; soil water deficit; food analysis; fruit composition; kaolin; reflectance; Show all 13 Subjects
- ... The volatile composition and sensory attributes of Merlot wines produced from vines under differing levels of water stress, with or without a foliar, kaolin-based particle film, were analyzed by stir bar sorptive extraction-gas chromatography-mass spectrometry (SBSE-GC-MS) and sensory evaluation. Vines were irrigated over consecutive vintages with 100, 70, or 35% of their estimated water requireme ...