Jump to Main Content
- Smith, R.R.; Wellings, D.L.; Toney, S.R.; Faber, D.C.; Miracle, J.E.; Carnes, J.T.; Rutherford, A.B.
- Journal of agricultural and food chemistry 1993 v.41 no.11 pp. 2184-2190
- diflubenzuron, etc ; insecticide residues; leaves; forest trees; aerial application; West Virginia; Show all 6 Subjects
- ... Using a new method for the analysis of diflubenzuron, the active ingredient in the pesticide Dimilin, the persistence of diflubenzuron on leaves of 20 Appalachian forest trees of 7 species was studied throughout the 1991 season after aerial application of the pesticide. Composites were made from leaf samples of each the upper and lower tree canopies, and replicate subsamples were analyzed for difl ...
- Harrahy, E.A.; Wimmer, M.J.; Perry, S.A.; Faber, D.C.; Miracle, J.E.; Perry, W.B.
- Journal of agricultural and food chemistry 1993 v.41 no.11 pp. 2191-2196
- diflubenzuron, etc ; insecticide residues; leaves; forest trees; streams; nontarget organisms; aquatic organisms; water pollution; adverse effects; West Virginia; Show all 10 Subjects
- ... The persistence of diflubenzuron on Appalachian forest leaves placed in stream water was examined using a new gas chromatographic/mass spectrometric method for analyzing the pesticide. Leaves came from trees aerially sprayed with Dimilin in the spring and left to weather during the growing season. The rain exposure minimizes loss of pesticide when the treated leaves are first immersed. After diflu ...