Jump to Main Content
- Luo, Mei, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Journal of agricultural and food chemistry 2016 v.64 no.39 pp. 7377-7384
- ascorbic acid; bioavailability; bovine serum albumin; citrus peels; encapsulation; gels; hydrocolloids; pH; pectins; polymers; rheological properties; storage time
- ... In this study, a novel hydrogel (BSA–pectin hydrogel, BPH) was prepared via a self-assembly method by using the natural polymers of bovine serum albumin (BSA) and citrus peel pectin (pectin). The rheological properties and gel conformational structures were determined and showed that electrostatic and covalent interactions between BSA and pectin were the main mechanisms for the formation of BPH. T ...
- Luo, Mei, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Journal of agricultural and food chemistry 2014 v.62 no.3 pp. 626-633
- bioactive properties; chitosan; cholesterol; encapsulation; fluorescence emission spectroscopy; functional foods; hydrophobicity; ingredients; micelles; nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy; pH; phosphatidylcholines
- ... A novel amphiphilic chitosan derivative of N,N-dimethylhexadecyl carboxymethyl chitosan (DCMCs) was synthesized. The structure of DCMCs was confirmed via FT-IR and ¹H NMR, and the critical micelle concentration (CMC) was investigated by fluorescence spectroscopy. The results indicated that DCMCs has hydrophilic carboxyl and hydrophobic methylene groups and the CMC value was 23.00 mg·L–¹. The polym ...