Jump to Main Content
- Han, J.M.; Lee, W.S.; Kim, J.R.; Son, J.; Kwon, O.H.; Lee, H.J.; Lee, J.J.; Jeona, T.S.
- Journal of agricultural and food chemistry 2008 v.56 no.1 pp. 92-98
- Alnus japonica, etc ; leaves; aromatic compounds; antioxidants; antioxidant activity; low density lipoprotein; macrophages; gene expression; transcription factors; transcription (genetics); inflammation; messenger RNA; nitrous oxide; nitric oxide synthase; nitric oxide; reactive oxygen species; medicinal plants; medicinal properties; Show all 18 Subjects
- ... Diarylheptanoids are known to have anti-inflammatory and anti-atherosclerotic activities in various cell types, including macrophages. 5-O-Methylhirsutanonol (5-MH) isolated from the leaves of Alnus japonica Steud exhibited the antioxidant activities on Cu2+- and AAPH-mediated low-density lipoprotein (LDL) oxidation in the thiobarbituric acid-reactive substances (TBARS) assay as well as the macrop ...
- Han, J.M.; Lee, W.S.; Kim, J.R.; Son, J.; Nam, K.H.; Choi, S.C.; Lim, J.S.; Jeong, T.S.
- Journal of agricultural and food chemistry 2007 v.55 no.23 pp. 9457-9464
- Alnus japonica, etc ; medicinal plants; leaves; plant extracts; medicinal properties; tumor necrosis factor-alpha; adhesins; endothelium; umbilical veins; humans; transcription factors; gene expression; messenger RNA; gene expression regulation; atherosclerosis; monocytes; cell adhesion; Show all 17 Subjects
- ... Atherosclerosis is a chronic inflammatory disease that is characterized by infiltration of mononuclear lymphocytes into the intima through the expression of adhesion molecules on the arterial wall. In the present study, we report the inhibitory effects of two diarylheptanoids, 5-O-methylhirsutanonol (1) and oregonin (2), isolated from the methanolic extracts of Alnus japonica leaves, on the expres ...