Jump to Main Content
- Verheul, Michel J.; Slimestad, Rune; Tjostheim, Irene Holta
- Journal of agricultural and food chemistry 2015 v.63 no.20 pp. 5026-5034
- cherry tomatoes, etc ; color; ethylene; firmness; greenhouses; hormesis; lycopene; maturity stage; phenolic compounds; purchasing; supermarkets; temperature; titratable acidity; total soluble solids; ultraviolet radiation; Show all 15 Subjects
- ... Possible causes for differences in quality traits at the time of buying were studied in two widely different red tomato types. Three maturity stages were harvested from commercial greenhouses and transferred immediately to controlled environments simulating different storage, transport, and supermarket conditions. Results show significant differences in development of color, fruit firmness, conten ...
- Ahmed, Mohamed Bedair M.; Rajapaksha, Anushka Upamali; Lim, Jung Eun; Vu, Ngoc Thang; Kim, ll Seop; Kang, Ho Min; Lee, Sang Soo; Ok, Yong Sik
- Journal of agricultural and food chemistry 2015 v.63 no.2 pp. 398-405
- cherry tomatoes, etc ; Cucumis sativus; Lactuca sativa; Solanum lycopersicum; acceptable daily intake; adverse effects; animals; chlortetracycline; cucumbers; environmental health; excretion; greenhouses; human health; leaves; lettuce; oxytetracycline; risk; roots; sand; seedlings; sulfadimethoxine; sulfamethoxazole; tetracycline; upland soils; Show all 24 Subjects
- ... Veterinary antibiotics can be released to environment by the animalsâ excretions, which thereby poses human health and ecological risks. Six antibiotics (tetracycline, oxytetracycline, chlortetracycline, sulfamethazine, sulfamethoxazole, and sulfadimethoxine) at three concentrations (5, 10, and 20 mg kgâ1 soil) were employed in pots filled with a loamy sand upland soil. Three types of vegetabl ...