Jump to Main Content
- Priego-Capote, Feliciano, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Journal of agricultural and food chemistry 2018 v.66 no.8 pp. 1813-1820
- Citrus latifolia; biosynthesis; citrus fruits; coumaric acids; flavanols; flavanones; flavones; fruits; least squares; liquid chromatography; phenols; phenylalanine; tandem mass spectrometry; tyrosine
- ... Citrus fruits possess a high content of phenolic compounds; however, few studies have focused on the changes occurring during fruit growth. In this study, the changes in the concentration of 20 flavonoids, 4 phenolic acids, and their biosynthetic precursors phenylalanine and tyrosine have been evaluated during fruit maturation (14 weeks). Extracts from all samples, obtained by ultrasound assistanc ...
- Priego-Capote, Feliciano, et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Journal of agricultural and food chemistry 2012 v.60 no.46 pp. 11542-11550
- antioxidant activity; ethanol; extra-virgin olive oil; ions; leaves; liquid chromatography; liquid-liquid extraction; mass spectrometry; olive pomace; phenols; pomace extracts; qualitative analysis; sustainable agriculture; wastewater
- ... The reuse of agronomical residues is a pending goal for sustainable agriculture. Particular residues in olive-oil-producing countries are leaves, wastewater, and olive pomace. Olive leaves and wastewaters have been previously characterized by isolation of the phenolic fraction. However, olive pomace has not yet been qualitatively characterized as a source of phenols. Olive pomace extracts were obt ...