Jump to Main Content
- Coelho, Elisabete, et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Journal of agricultural and food chemistry 2011 v.59 no.16 pp. 8770-8778
- air; foaming properties; foams; hydrophobicity; molecular weight; protein content; sparkling wines
- ... The present work aims at identifying the contribution of the different wine components to the foaming properties of wines. Twelve fractions were isolated from wine, and foam aptitude of each fraction was measured individually at the concentration at which it was recovered, using wine model solutions. For these concentrations, the maximum foam height (HM) was 8.4-11.7 cm, foam height on stability w ...
- Coelho, Elisabete, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Journal of agricultural and food chemistry 2011 v.59 no.7 pp. 3168–3179
- acetates; foaming properties; foams; fractionation; hydrophobicity; mass spectrometry; molecular weight; monoacylglycerols; polyethylene glycol; sparkling wines; stearic acid; synergism; Portugal
- ... The foam of sparkling wines is a key parameter of their quality. However, the compounds that are directly involved in foam formation and stabilization are not yet completely established. In this work, seven sparkling wines were produced in Bairrada appellation (Portugal) under different conditions and their foaming properties evaluated using a Mosalux-based device. Fractionation of the sparkling w ...