Jump to Main Content
- Scurachio, Regina S., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Journal of agricultural and food chemistry 2015 v.63 no.18 pp. 4629-4637
- alcohols; cholecalciferol; energy transfer; fluorescence emission spectroscopy; hydrophobicity; isomerization; nutrients; oxygen; photolysis; photooxidation
- ... Cholecalciferol, vitamin D3, was found to isomerize to 5,6-trans-vitamin-D3 with a quantum yield of 0.15 Â± 0.01 in air-saturated 7/3 tert-butyl alcohol/water (v/v) at 25 Â°C, increasing to 0.32 Â± 0.02 in the absence of oxygen, through quenching of triplet excited state flavin mononucleotide, FMN, rather than becoming oxidized. The quenching was found by laser flash photolysis to have a rate cons ...
- Scurachio, Regina S., et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Journal of agricultural and food chemistry 2013 v.61 no.31 pp. 7615-7620
- biotin; fluorescence; niacin; photooxidation; pyridoxal phosphate; riboflavin
- ... Pyridoxal phosphate (PLP) was found to deactivate triplet-excited riboflavin (Rib) in aqueous solution with a deactivation constant of 3.0 ± 0.1 × 10⁸ L mol–¹ s–¹ at 25 °C. Likewise, PLP was found to quench the fluorescence emission of ¹Rib* with ¹kq = 1.0 ± 0.1 × 10¹¹ L mol–¹ s–¹ as determined by steady state fluorescence. The rather high quenching constant suggests the formation of a ground stat ...