Jump to Main Content
- Hansen, Anne-Mette SÃ¸lvbjerg; Fromberg, Arvid; Frandsen, Henrik Lauritz
- Journal of agricultural and food chemistry 2014 v.62 no.42 pp. 10326-10331
- Vanilla planifolia, etc ; fermentation; flavor; hydrogen; mass spectrometry; pods; stable isotopes; synthesis; t-test; traceability; vanillin; Show all 11 Subjects
- ... Authenticity and traceability of vanilla flavors were investigated using gas chromatographyâisotope ratio mass spectrometry (GCâIRMS). Vanilla flavors produced by chemical synthesis (n = 2), fermentation (n = 1), and extracted from two different species of the vanilla orchid (n = 79) were analyzed. The authenticity of the flavor compound vanillin was evaluated on the basis of measurements of r ...
- Ruiz-Teran, F.; Perez-Amador, I.; Lopez-Munguia, A.
- Journal of agricultural and food chemistry 2001 v.49 no.11 pp. 5207-5209
- Vanilla planifolia, etc ; pods; vanillin; extraction; cell walls; degradation; polygalacturonase; enzyme activity; cellulases; Show all 9 Subjects
- ... Glucovanillin was extracted from green pods and simultaneously transformed to vanillin by a combination of enzyme activities involving cell wall degradation and glucovanillin hydrolysis. The reaction is best carried out with 47.5% v/v aqueous ethanol solution during 8 h at 70 degrees C, in a two-step enzymatic reaction using Viscozyme followed by Celluclast, two commercial enzymatic products conta ...