Jump to Main Content
- Wei, Yingying; Zhou, Dandan; Peng, Jing; Pan, Leiqing; Tu, Kang
- Journal of agricultural and food chemistry 2017 v.65 no.36 pp. 8003-8010
- cherry tomatoes, etc ; Alternaria alternata; Botrytis cinerea; air; caffeic acid; chlorogenic acid; diameter; disease incidence; disease resistance; gray mold; isoquercitrin; metabolism; metabolites; p-coumaric acid; phenylalanine ammonia-lyase; quercetin; rutin; Show all 17 Subjects
- ... To explore the effects of hot air (HA, 38 °C for 12 h) treatment on the phenylpropanoid metabolism in cherry tomatoes, phenylpropanoid metabolite levels and the activities and expression of key enzymes were analyzed in HA-treated fruit. HA treatment enhanced phenylpropanoid metabolism, as evidenced by elevated levels of phenolics and flavonoids, higher activities of phenylalanine ammonia-lyase and ...
- Crozier, A.; Lean, M.E.J.; McDonald, M.S.; Black, C.
- Journal of agricultural and food chemistry 1997 v.45 no.3 pp. 590-595
- cherry tomatoes, etc ; apigenin; beef; boiling; celery; fruits; frying; high performance liquid chromatography; lettuce; luteolin; onions; quantitative analysis; quercetin; Show all 13 Subjects
- ... Quantitative estimates of conjugated flavonoid content were obtained by using HPLC to analyze the level of free flavonoids present in acid-hydrolyzed extracts from commercial fruits and vegetables. Cherry tomatoes contained 17-203 micrograms of quercetin g-1 fresh weight compared to 2.2-11 micrograms g-1 detected in normal-sized Scottish, Spanish, and Dutch beef tomatoes. The quercetin levels in o ...