Jump to Main Content
- Scurachio, Regina S., et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Journal of agricultural and food chemistry 2013 v.61 no.31 pp. 7615-7620
- biotin; fluorescence; niacin; photooxidation; pyridoxal phosphate; riboflavin
- ... Pyridoxal phosphate (PLP) was found to deactivate triplet-excited riboflavin (Rib) in aqueous solution with a deactivation constant of 3.0 ± 0.1 × 10⁸ L mol–¹ s–¹ at 25 °C. Likewise, PLP was found to quench the fluorescence emission of ¹Rib* with ¹kq = 1.0 ± 0.1 × 10¹¹ L mol–¹ s–¹ as determined by steady state fluorescence. The rather high quenching constant suggests the formation of a ground stat ...
- Scurachio, Regina S., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Journal of agricultural and food chemistry 2013 v.61 no.9 pp. 2268-2275
- cholesterol; conjugated linoleic acid; dissociation; ergosterol; esters; eyes; hydrogen; oxidation; photolysis; phytosterols; polyunsaturated fatty acids; riboflavin
- ... Methyl esters of polyunsaturated fatty acids were found to quench triplet-excited riboflavin (³Rib) in efficient bimolecular reactions with rate constants, as determined by laser flash photolysis, linearly depending upon the number of bis-allylic methylene (from 1 to 5). Deactivation of ³Rib is predicted by combining the experimental second-order rate constants k₂ determined for acetonitrile/water ...