Jump to Main Content
- Wei, Yingying; Zhou, Dandan; Peng, Jing; Pan, Leiqing; Tu, Kang
- Journal of agricultural and food chemistry 2017 v.65 no.36 pp. 8003-8010
- cherry tomatoes, etc ; Alternaria alternata; Botrytis cinerea; air; caffeic acid; chlorogenic acid; diameter; disease incidence; disease resistance; gray mold; isoquercitrin; metabolism; metabolites; p-coumaric acid; phenylalanine ammonia-lyase; quercetin; rutin; Show all 17 Subjects
- ... To explore the effects of hot air (HA, 38 °C for 12 h) treatment on the phenylpropanoid metabolism in cherry tomatoes, phenylpropanoid metabolite levels and the activities and expression of key enzymes were analyzed in HA-treated fruit. HA treatment enhanced phenylpropanoid metabolism, as evidenced by elevated levels of phenolics and flavonoids, higher activities of phenylalanine ammonia-lyase and ...
- Slimestad, Rune; Verheul, Michel
- Journal of agricultural and food chemistry 2011 v.59 no.7 pp. 3180–3185
- cherry tomatoes, etc ; antioxidant activity; chromatography; isomerization; lycopene; naringenin; rutin; Show all 7 Subjects
- ... Fresh cherry tomatoes cv. 'Susanne' contain more of the two flavonoids chalconaringenin (CN) and rutin than lycopene. Therefore some properties including antioxidant behavior of the flavonoids were studied. The two flavonoids were extracted from peel and isolated by use of different chromatographic methods. Molecular absorbtivities were found to be 26907 for CN and 20328 abs M−1 cm−1 for rutin. Bo ...