Jump to Main Content
- Angers, Paul, et al. Show all 11 Authors
- Journal of agricultural and food chemistry 2018 v.66 no.27 pp. 7172-7180
- analysis of variance; canola oil; diet; enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay; fatty acids; inflammation; interleukin-6; liquid chromatography; males; multiple comparison test; oxidative stress; rats; soybean oil; tandem mass spectrometry; vegetable oil
- ... This study assesses the effects of cyclic fatty acid monomers (CFAM) from heated vegetable oils on oxidative stress and inflammation. Wistar rats were fed either of these four diets for 28 days: canola oil (CO), canola oil and 0.5% CFAM (CC), soybean oil (SO), and soybean oil and 0.5% CFAM (SC). Markers of oxidative stress and inflammation were determined by micro liquid chromatography tandem mass ...
- Angers, Paul, et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Journal of agricultural and food chemistry 2013 v.61 no.44 pp. 10418-10438
- Vitis labrusca; Vitis riparia; Vitis vinifera; acetic acid; alpha-linolenic acid; cold zones; environmental factors; esters; flavonoids; flavor; geraniol; guidelines; heat sums; heirloom varieties; hexanoic acid; hybrids; linalool; metabolites; octenol; odors; phenolic compounds; phenylethyl alcohol; principal component analysis; ripening; titratable acidity; total soluble solids; vineyards; wine grapes; winemaking; wines; Quebec
- ... Since the arrival on the market of high-quality cold-hardy grape varieties, northern winemaking has been developing tremendously in countries traditionally unsuited for grape and wine production. Cold-hardy grapes are mainly interspecific hybrids of Vitis vinifera with Vitis labrusca and Vitis riparia, making their chemical composition distinct from that of V. vinifera varieties traditionally used ...