Jump to Main Content
- Thompson, Abby K.; Singh, Harjinder; Dalgleish, Douglas G.
- Journal of agricultural and food chemistry 2010 v.58 no.22 pp. 11962–11968
- caseinates, etc ; surface plasmon resonance; dissociation; polysaccharides; carbohydrate binding; casein; model food systems; equipment performance; protein binding; food chemistry; food analysis; food composition; Show all 12 Subjects
- ... Tests were made to determine whether surface plasmon resonance (SPR) could be used as a technique to study the dissociation properties of bovine casein micelles or of sodium caseinate and the interactions between these protein particles and different polysaccharides. Surfaces of bound micelles or caseinate were made, and the changes in refractive index of these layers were used to define changes i ...
- Garcia, R.A.; Onwulata, C.I.; Ashby, R.D.
- Journal of agricultural and food chemistry 2004 v.52 no.12 pp. 3776-3779
- caseinates, etc ; water content; meat and bone meal; extrusion; glass transition temperature; texture; modulus of elasticity; sorption isotherms; tallow; coatings; Show all 10 Subjects
- ... Meat and bone meal (MBM) is a high protein agricultural commodity that currently has few applications other than as an animal feed. Unmodified MBM has poor functional properties, due to its low solubility. Our results from pilot plant trials demonstrate that MBM can be extrusion-processed along with sodium caseinate to produce a useful plastic material. We developed this material for use as a dog ...