Jump to Main Content
- Nogueira, Jose M.F., et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Journal of agricultural and food chemistry 2011 v.59 no.18 pp. 10239–10246
- Coffea arabica; carbon; coffee beans; isotopes; mass spectrometry; nitrogen; oxygen; strontium; sulfur; tracer techniques; Kauai; Maui; Molokai; Oahu
- ... Green coffee bean isotopes have been used to trace the effects of different climatic and geological characteristics associated with the Hawaii islands. Isotope ratio mass spectrometry (IRMS) and inductively coupled plasma mass spectrometry ((MC)-ICP-SFMS and ICP-QMS) were applied to determine the isotopic composition of carbon (δ13C), nitrogen (δ15N), sulfur (δ34S), and oxygen (δ18O), the isotope ...
- PubMed Central:
- Nogueira, Jose M.F., et al. Show all 12 Authors
- Journal of agricultural and food chemistry 2009 v.57 no.24 pp. 11557–11563
- phytochemicals; cholinesterase; cholinesterase inhibitors; antimicrobial properties; supercritical fluid extraction; Satureja montana; plant extracts; medicinal plants
- ... Winter savory Satureja montana is a medicinal herb used in traditional gastronomy for seasoning meats and salads. This study reports a comparison between conventional (hydrodistillation, HD, and Soxhlet extraction, SE) and alternative (supercritical fluid extraction, SFE) extraction methods to assess the best option to obtain bioactive compounds. Two different types of extracts were tested, the vo ...