Jump to Main Content
- Bohn, Martin O., et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Journal of agricultural and food chemistry 2018 v.66 no.13 pp. 3378-3385
- bioavailability; bran; breakfast cereals; chemoprevention; cinnamic acid; corn; dry milling; ferulic acid; fruits; genotype; hybrids; manufacturing; nutrients; p-coumaric acid; phytopharmaceuticals; processing stages; protocols; seeds; vegetables
- ... The notion that many nutrients and beneficial phytochemicals in maize are lost due to food product processing is common, but this has not been studied in detail for the phenolic acids. Information regarding changes in phenolic acid content throughout processing is highly valuable because some phenolic acids are chemopreventive agents of aging-related diseases. It is unknown when and why these chan ...
- Bohn, Martin O., et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Journal of agricultural and food chemistry 2017 v.65 no.38 pp. 8311-8318
- Zea mays; dent corn; fatty acids; genetic improvement; germplasm; hybrids; parents; phenolic acids; phytopharmaceuticals; protein content; tocopherols; United States
- ... Although previous studies have examined the concentration of various nutritional compounds in maize, little focus has been devoted to the study of commercial maize hybrids or their inbred parents. In this study, a genetically and phenotypically diverse set of maize hybrids and inbreds relevant to U.S. commercial maize germplasm was evaluated for its variability in phytochemical content. Total prot ...