Jump to Main Content
- Oh, Won Young, et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Journal of agricultural and food chemistry 2019 v.67 no.38 pp. 10653-10659
- 2,2-diphenyl-1-picrylhydrazyl; absorption; antioxidant activity; bioavailability; cations; esterification; esters; fatty acids; high performance liquid chromatography; hydrophilicity; lipophilicity; mass spectrometry; nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy; organochlorine compounds; quercetin
- ... Quercetin, a polyphenolic compound, is widely distributed in plants and has numerous health benefits. However, its hydrophilicity can compromise its use in lipophilic systems. For this reason, quercetin was esterified with 12 different fatty acids as their acyl chlorides with varying chain lengths and degrees of unsaturation. Two monoesters (Q-3′-O-monoester and Q-3-O-monoester) and four diesters ...
- Oh, Won Young, et al. Show all 2 Author
- Journal of agricultural and food chemistry 2017 v.65 no.39 pp. 8617-8625
- 2,2-diphenyl-1-picrylhydrazyl; antioxidant activity; antioxidants; cations; cosmetics; drugs; esterification; esters; foods; hydrophobicity; liquid chromatography; long chain fatty acids; mass spectrometry; nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy; polyphenols; resveratrol; short chain fatty acids
- ... Resveratrol (R), a polyphenol, was structurally modified via esterification with selected fatty acids to expand its potential application in lipophilic foods, drugs, and cosmetics. The esterification was carried out using 12 different fatty acids with varying chain lengths and degrees of unsaturation (C3:0–C22:6). Two monoesters, two diesters, and one triester were identified by high-performance l ...