Jump to Main Content
- Büsing, Anne, et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Journal of agricultural and food chemistry 2012 v.60 no.34 pp. 8302-8313
- alpha-tocotrienol; breads; distillation; epoxides; fluorescence; high performance liquid chromatography; lard; lipids; oxidation; rye; spent grains; wheat germ oil
- ... The aim of this study was to investigate the most important oxidation products of α-tocotrienol (α-T3) along with other tocochromanols in lipid matrices and tocotrienol-rich foods. For this purpose, an efficient molecular distillation procedure was developed for the extraction of analytes, and α-T3-spiked and thermally oxidized natural lipids (lard and wheat germ oil) and α-T3-rich foods (wholemea ...
- Busing, Anne, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Journal of agricultural and food chemistry 2015 v.63 no.40 pp. 8930-8939
- alpha-tocotrienol; antineoplastic activity; breast neoplasms; cell viability; dose response; gamma-tocotrienol; hexane; high performance liquid chromatography; inhibitory concentration 50; mass spectrometry; neoplasm cells; oxidation
- ... Tocotrienols, a vitamin E subgroup, exert potent anticancer effects, but easily degrade due to oxidation. Eight vitamin E reference compounds, α-, β-, γ-, or δ-tocopherols or -tocotrienols, were thermally oxidized in n-hexane. The corresponding predominantly dimeric oxidation products were separated from the parent compounds by diol-modified normal-phase HPLC-UV and characterized by mass spectrosc ...