Jump to Main Content
- Dong, C.; Fu, Y.; Liu, G.; Liu, H.
- Journal of agronomy and crop science 2014 v.200 no.3 pp. 219-230
- Triticum aestivum; antioxidant activity; biomass; chlorophyll; crops; harvest index; light quality; lighting; lignin; photosynthesis; recycling; red light; seeds; straw; sugars; water content; wheat; white light
- ... As a consequence of the increasing importance of crop in Bioregenerative Life Support System (BLSS), there is an interest in enhancing both the productivity and quality of wheat. Lighting systems for growing wheat need to be lightweight, reliable and durable. Light‐emitting diodes (LEDs) have these characteristics. Previous studies demonstrated that the combination of red and blue lights was an ef ...
- Rodríguez, V. M.; Soengas, P.; Cartea, E.; Sotelo, T.; Velasco, P.
- Journal of agronomy and crop science 2014 v.200 no.3 pp. 183-190
- Brassica oleracea; biomass; cabbage; chlorophyll; cluster analysis; crop yield; crops; early development; global warming; glucosinolates; heat tolerance; landraces; statistical models; temperature; vigor
- ... Statistical models predict that global warming will have a negative impact in crop yields in the next decades. Especially vulnerable are winter crops such as kales or cabbages (Brassica oleracea L.). We evaluated the impact of high temperatures in morphological and biochemical traits of a B. oleracea core collection during early development. When grown at 30 °C, plants showed a reduction in chloro ...