Jump to Main Content
- Bakhshalinejad, R.; Hassanabadi, A.; Nassiri‐Moghaddam, H.; Zarghi, H.
- Journal of animal physiology and animal nutrition 2018 v.102 no.3 pp. 746-754
- White Leghorn; alanine transaminase; blood serum; calcium; diet; egg production; egg quality; egg shell; eggs; enzyme activity; feed conversion; feed intake; hen feeding; iodates; iodine; laying hens; mash; phosphorus; triacylglycerols
- ... The aim of this study was to examine the effects of various levels of supplemental calcium iodate (CI) on productive performance, egg quality, blood indices and iodine (I) accumulation in the eggs in commercial laying hens. A total of 240 White Leghorn layers (Hy‐line W36) were divided through a completely randomized design into six treatments with five replicates and eight hens per each at 32 wee ...
- Clarke, L. C.; Sweeney, T.; Curley, E.; Duffy, S. K.; Rajauria, G.; O'Doherty, J. V.
- Journal of animal physiology and animal nutrition 2018 v.102 no.3 pp. 799-809
- Lactobacillus; average daily gain; barley; beta-glucanase; beta-glucans; diet; digestibility; energy; feces; gene dosage; growth performance; neutral detergent fiber; nitrogen; nutrients; organic matter; piglets; scanning electron microscopy; volatile fatty acids
- ... This study investigates the effect of dietary supplementation of a β‐glucanase and β‐xylanase enzyme mix to barley based diets, at two different chemical compositions achieved through different agronomical conditions on growth performance, coefficient of apparent total tract digestibility (CATTD) of nutrients, selected faecal microbial populations and faecal scores in piglets. Sixty‐four piglets ( ...