Jump to Main Content
- Arkfeld, E. K.; Wilson, K. B.; Overholt, M. F.; Harsh, B. N.; Lowell, J. E.; Hogan, E. K.; Klehm, B. J.; Bohrer, B. M.; Kroscher, K. A.; Peterson, B. C.; Stites, C. R.; Mohrhauser, D. A.; King, D. A.; Wheeler, T. L.; Dilger, A. C.; Shackelford, D.; Boler, D. D.
- Journal of animal science 2016 v.94 no.12
- barns; color; correlation; cured meats; data collection; ham; lipid content; marketing; meat quality; pH; raw meat; semitendinosus muscle; slaughterhouses; swine
- ... The objective was: 1) to characterize the effect of marketing group on fresh and cured ham quality, and 2) to determine which fresh ham traits correlated to cured ham quality traits. Pigs raised in 8 barns representing 2 seasons (hot and cold) and 2 production focuses (lean and quality) were used. Three groups were marketed from each barn. A total of 7,684 carcasses were used for data collection a ...
- Artegoitia, V. M.; Foote, A. P.; Lewis, R. M.; King, D. A.; Shackelford, S. D.; Wheeler, T. L.; Freetly, H. C.
- Journal of animal science 2016 v.94 no.12 pp. 5177-5181
- Angus; beef cattle; blood plasma; blood sampling; body weight changes; cannabinoids; carcass composition; correlation; energy metabolism; fat thickness; feed conversion; finishing; lipids; marbling; receptors; sires; slaughter; steers; weight gain
- ... Endocannabinoids, including anandamide (AEA) and 2-arachidonoylglycerol (2-AG), are a class of endogenous lipid mediators that activate cannabinoids receptors and may be involved in the control of feed intake and energy metabolism. The objective of this study was to quantify AEA and 2-AG in plasma and identify possible associations with production traits and carcass composition in finishing beef s ...