Jump to Main Content
- Buttrey, E. K.; Luebbe, M. K.; McCollum III, F. T.; Cole, N. A.; MacDonald, J. C.; Hales, K. E.
- Journal of animal science 2015 v.93 no.7 pp. 3698-3703
- average daily gain; beef carcasses; beef cattle; carcass weight; chemical concentration; corn; crossbreds; diet; dressing percentage; fat thickness; finishing; glycerol; marbling; models; steaming; steers; yellow grease
- ... Forty-eight individually fed crossbred steers (initial BW = 381 ± 7.61 kg) were used to determine the effects of glycerin (GLY) concentration in steam-flaked corn (SFC)-based diets with added yellow grease on animal performance and carcass characteristics. Glycerin was included at 0, 2.5, 5, and 10% dietary DM replacing SFC. A completely randomized design was used with steers as the experimental u ...
- Calderón Díaz, J. A.; Vallet, J. L.; Lents, C. A.; Nonneman, D. J.; Miles, J. R.; Wright, E. C.; Rempel, L. A.; Cushman, R. A.; Freking, B. A.; Rohrer, G. A.; Phillips, C.; DeDecker, A.; Foxcroft, G.; Stalder, K.
- Journal of animal science 2015 v.93 no.7 pp. 3521-3527
- Large White; ad libitum feeding; animal age; animal growth; backfat; boars; corn; crossbreds; estrus; gilts; grower diets; ileum; landraces; lysine; metabolizable energy; morphometry; muscles; ovulation; puberty; soybeans; statistical models; swine feeding; uterus
- ... The objective of this study was to determine the effect of ad libitum feeding diets differing in standard ileal digestible (SID) lysine and ME concentrations that bracket those fed to developing gilts in U.S. commercial settings. Average SID lysine and ME concentrations in diets currently fed to developing gilts were obtained from a poll of the U.S. commercial swine industry. Crossbred Large White ...