Jump to Main Content
- Tait, R. G., Jr.; Shackelford, S. D.; Wheeler, T. L.; King, D. A.; Casas, E.; Thallman, R. M.; Smith, T. P. L.; Bennett, G. L.
- Journal of animal science 2014 v.92 no.2 pp. 456-466
- Angus; additive effect; alleles; beef; beef carcasses; beef quality; calpastatin; carcass quality; cattle; fat thickness; gene frequency; genetic markers; haplotypes; inheritance (genetics); marbling; marker-assisted selection; models; parturition; red meat; risk; single nucleotide polymorphism; somatotropin; steaks; variance; weaning
- ... Genetic marker effects and interactions are estimated with poor precision when minor marker allele frequencies are low. An Angus population was subjected to marker assisted selection for multiple years to increase divergent haplotype and minor marker allele frequencies to 1) estimate effect size and mode of inheritance for previously reported SNP on targeted beef carcass quality traits; 2) estimat ...
- Kim, M.; Kim, J.; Kuehn, L. A.; Bono, J. L.; Berry, E. D.; Kalchayanand, N.; Freetly, H. C.; Benson, A. K.; Wells, J. E.
- Journal of animal science 2014 v.92 no.2 pp. 683-694
- Clostridium; Coprococcus; Prevotella; Roseburia; Succinivibrio; alfalfa; bacteria; bacterial communities; community structure; corn; corn silage; diet; feces; finishing; genes; haylage; heifers; intestinal microorganisms; nucleotide sequences; ribosomal RNA; species diversity; steers; taxonomy
- ... The objective of this study is to investigate individual animal variation of bovine fecal microbiota including as affected by diets. Fecal samples were collected from 426 cattle fed 1 of 3 diets typically fed to feedlot cattle: 1) 143 steers fed finishing diet (83% dryrolled corn, 13% corn silage, and 4% supplement), 2) 147 steers fed late growing diet (66% dry-rolled corn, 26% corn silage, and 8% ...