Jump to Main Content
- Schneider, J. F.; Rempel, L. A.; Rohrer, G. A.
- Journal of animal science 2012 v.90 no.10 pp. 3353
- Sus scrofa; birth weight; computer software; farrowing; fetal death; genetic correlation; genetic markers; genetic variance; genomics; heritability; marker-assisted selection; piglets
- ... The primary objective of this study was to determine genetic and genomic parameters among swine (Sus scrofa) farrowing traits. Genetic parameters were obtained using MTDFREML. Genomic parameters were obtained using GENSEL. Genetic and residual variances obtained from MTDFREML were used as priors for the Bayes C analysis of GENSEL. Farrowing traits included total number born (TNB), number born aliv ...
- Schneider, J. F.; Rempel, L. A.; Snelling, W. M.; Wiedmann, R. T.; Nonneman, D. J.; Rohrer, G. A.
- Journal of animal science 2012 v.90 no.10 pp. 3360
- Bayesian theory; DNA; Sus scrofa; birth weight; chromosome mapping; ecolabeling; economic impact; farrowing; fetal death; genes; genomics; gilts; marker-assisted selection; models; piglets; pork; reproductive efficiency; sampling; single nucleotide polymorphism; topcrossing
- ... Reproductive efficiency has a great impact on the economic success of pork (Sus scrofa) production. Number born alive (NBA) and average piglet birth weight (ABW) contribute greatly to reproductive efficiency. To better understand the underlying genetics of birth traits, a genome-wide association study (GWAS) was undertaken. Samples of DNA were collected and tested using the Illumina PorcineSNP60 B ...