Jump to Main Content
- Luchini, N.D.; Broderick, G.A.; Combs, D.K.
- Journal of animal science 1996 v.74 no.3 pp. 685
- protein degradation; soybean meal; casein; Streptomyces griseus; proteinases; chymotrypsin; proteolysis; in vitro digestibility; carboxypeptidases; trypsin; enzyme activity; feeds; rumen fluids
- ... The objective of this research was to formulate a mixture of commercial proteases that would mimic the rate and extent of protein degradation obtained using strained ruminal fluid. The proteolytic activity of strained ruminal fluid and several commercial proteases was characterized using 13 L-amino acid p-nitroanilides as artificial substrates. A mixture of Streptomyces griseus protease, chymotryp ...
- Van Vleck, L.D.; Gregory, K.E.
- Journal of animal science 1996 v.74 no.3 pp. 522
- beef cows; dairy breeds; genetic trend; breeding value; genetic variance; heritability; genetic correlation; selection criteria; crossing; phenotype; selection response
- ... A selection experiment was established in 1981 to increase twinning rate in cattle. Results reported are through 1993 calf crops. Estimates of genetic parameters for a two-trait twinning and ovulation rate model with genetic groups were as follows: heritabilities of .03 for twinning and .07 for ovulation rates with a genetic correlation of nearly 1.00 and fractional permanent environmental varianc ...