Jump to Main Content
- Ellis, Clare F.; McCormick, Wanda; Tinarwo, Ambrose
- Journal of applied animal welfare science 2017 v.20 no.3 pp. 230-239
- adults; animal welfare; females; males; ownership; pets; rabbits; United Kingdom
- ... Rabbits are a common companion animal in the United Kingdom, and some reports have suggested that large numbers are relinquished to rehoming centers each year. This study aimed to investigate the characteristics of rabbits relinquished to 2 UK rehoming centers and explore reasons given for relinquishment. The centers contributed data for all rabbits who entered their center during 2013 (n = 205). ...
- Stella, Judith L.; Croney, Candace C.; Buffington, C. Tony
- Journal of applied animal welfare science 2017 v.20 no.3 pp. 296-312
- adults; animal welfare; cages; cats; United States
- ... The effect of providing additional floor space on cat behavior and welfare is not well documented. This study involved replication of an investigation of cats’ responses to enhanced cage and room environments using cages of 0.56 m ² with the same methodology but an increased space allowance of 1.1 m ². Singly housed adult cats (n = 59) were randomly assigned to a treatment group that was a combina ...