Jump to Main Content
- Engle, Carole; Renukdas, Nilima; Park, Jeonghwan; Rees, Patrick
- Journal of applied aquaculture 2017 v.29 no.3-4 pp. 245-255
- Ictalurus punctatus, etc ; Ictalurus furcatus; catfish; coculture; fingerlings; hybrids; markets; production costs; risk; winter; Show all 10 Subjects
- ... Alternative management strategies will be required to produce hybrid catfish (♂ Ictalurus punctatus X ♀ Ictalurus furcatus) year-round to provide continuous market supply. Hybrid catfish fingerlings were stocked at 9,880 head/ha singly or in co-culture with sub-marketable (mean weight = 454 ± 16 g) hybrid catfish carried over the winter from a previous year’s multi-size trial. Economic analyses co ...
- Green, Bartholomew W.; McEntire, Matthew E.
- Journal of applied aquaculture 2017 v.29 no.1 pp. 1-15
- Ictalurus punctatus, etc ; ammonium nitrogen; animal growth; biofloc technology; fish; fish production; markets; nitrification; phytoplankton; ponds; stocking rate; tanks; water quality; Show all 13 Subjects
- ... This 210-day study compared variation in water quality and fish growth for channel catfish (Ictalurus punctatus ; 47 g/fish) stocked in earthen ponds (1.5 fish/m ², 14,820/ha) and in a biofloc technology (BFT) production system with high-density polyethylene-lined rectangular tanks (12.6 fish/m ², 126,000/ha). Feed input and culture environment affected water-quality dynamics. In ponds, phytoplank ...