Jump to Main Content
- Skudlarek, Nicholas; Coyle, Shawn D.; Tidwell, James H.
- Journal of applied aquaculture 2013 v.25 no.1 pp. 9-23
- Artemia; Micropterus salmoides; aquariums; diet; fingerlings; foods; forage; live feeds; nauplii; optimal nutrition; ponds; rearing; survival rate; trout; weather
- ... Largemouth bass (LMB) Micropterus salmoides fry do not accept prepared diets at first feeding. Fry are initially reared in fertilized ponds on natural live foods until large enough to be feed trained. Unpredictable weather patterns and depletion of natural forages can affect nursery pond survival. A series of experiments was conducted to investigate the use of Artemia nauplii prepared diets and op ...
- Manilal, Aseer; Selvin, Joseph; Sugathan, Sujith
- Journal of applied aquaculture 2013 v.25 no.1 pp. 81-93
- Asparagopsis; Penaeus monodon; agglutination; antibacterial properties; diet; hemocytes; immune system; medicated feeds; phagocytosis; prophenoloxidase; shrimp
- ... We evaluated the in vivo regulatory effects of a feed prepared with an extract of the red alga Asparagopsis taxiformis on the immune system of Penaeus monodon. The shrimp were fed with medicated feed containing an effective dose (850 mg kg⁻¹) of algal extract for 28 days. Treated P. monodon exhibited enhanced hemocyte count, phagocytosis, agglutination titer, and bactericidal activity compared to ...