Jump to Main Content
- Welker, T.L.; Yildirim-Aksoy, M.; Klesius, P.H.
- Journal of applied aquaculture 2007 v.19 no.3 pp. 1
- Ictalurus punctatus, etc ; fish culture; catfish; fingerlings; animal stress; anesthesia; animal welfare; dose response; pH; water quality; blood chemistry; glucose; cortisol; osmotic pressure; buffers; Show all 15 Subjects
The effects of four concentrations (0, 90, 120, and 180 mg/ L) of the anesthetic tricaine methanesulfonate (MS-222) (buffered and unbuffered with sodium bicarbonate) were evaluated on anesthetization efficacy and stress responses of juvenile channel catfish, Ictalurus punctatus Rafinesque. Buffered MS-222 treatments were neutralized with sodium bicarbonate to bring the pH of exposure water to tha ...
- Shelby, R.A.; Lim C.; Yildirim-Aksoy, M.; Klesius, P.H.
- Journal of applied aquaculture 2007 v.19 no.1 pp. 81-91
- Ictalurus punctatus, etc ; catfish; fish culture; fish feeding; bacteria; live feeds; animal growth; Pediococcus; Enterococcus; Bacillus (bacteria); Lactobacillus; Edwardsiella ictaluri; bacterial infections; disease resistance; Show all 14 Subjects